We need your help...
It is virtually impossible for us to provide optimal service if information is not presented to us in a timely manner. We MUST have your adherence to deadlines and deposit requirements if we are to secure reservations, meals, awards, etc. on your behalf - and at our advertised prices. For those individuals who find themselves in the unfortunate position of being latecomers, we recommend you call for reservation and price availability prior to submission.
Please, secure reservations as early as possible.
Dance Events Guidelines
Participants may enter separate levels per the four dance styles (Smooth, Rhythm, Standard, and Latin). Further, they may enter the following in two age categories:
1. Three consecutively Closed Freestyles
- Beginner,Intermediate Silver and Full Silver
- Intermediate,Full Bronze and Beginner Silver
- Beginner Gold,Intermediate Gold and Full Gold
2. The Advanced Freestyles in the same primary level (Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Above Gold) as the Closed Freestyles.
3. The Open Freestyles in the same primary level (Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Above Gold) as the Closed Freestyles.
4. The One-Dance Championships
5. The Multi-Dance Championships
6. The Triple Crown Scholarship Challenges
(No events will be created for any participants. Students must enter events already offered.)
A completed sample Entry Form is available under the web site Forms section.
Pro/Am and Amateur Dance Events
- Closed Freestyles
- Advanced Freestyles
- Open Freestyles
- One-Dance Championships
- Multi-Dance Championships
- Triple Crown Scholarship Championships
- Open Theatre Arts Championships
- Theatre Arts
Professional Dance Events
Rising Star Championships
- Rising Star American Smooth
- Rising Star American Rhythm
- Rising Star International Standard
- Rising Star International Latin
- Rising Star Theatre Arts
- Open American Smooth
- Open American Rhythm
- Open International Standard
- Open International Latin
- Open Theatre Arts
Impression judging shall be used by adjudicators to evaluate performances. The final results shall be determined using the Skating System.
Participants must use closed footwork in all Bronze smooth dances. Continuity styling will not be permitted.
Styling and Figures
Penalty points will be assessed to American style performances should they contain International styling or figures.
Participants in closed International Latin and Standard events will be permitted to dance only ISTD figures per their respective category.
Open footwork will be permitted in the Advanced Freestyles as it already applies to the Open Freestyles.
Participants may include lifts in only the Theatre Arts Cabaret and Theatrical Ballroom events.
Dance Event Guidelines – Time Limitations
A time of two and one half minutes shall be placed on the length of exhibitions, showcases, formations, and theatre arts. Routines in excess of this limit will result in penalties and additional entry fees.
Note, please provide music on CD or cassette tape and cued.